Monday, November 05, 2007

I often wonder if I put too much emphasis on being funny. Before our first son was even born, my hope was that he'd not only be funny, but that he'd be fun and fun to be around. I definitely know my kids are crazy, they come by that naturally. Every once in a while they are funny, legitimately funny.

Griffin is thinking about what he wants to be when he grows up. So far we have narrowed it down to a professional skateboarder, an astronaut or a professional joke teller. He has been working on an original joke with Sean and it goes like this...
"Why did the chicken cross the road?"
"Um, I don't know, why?"
"To get to the other side."
As he tells the joke, Sean is encouraging him to add, "Hello?" to the punchline. So when he remembers, he adds the hello but the sarcasm isn't dripping from him yet as it does from his parents.

Over the weekend he was thinking about some new material. This is what he's come up with so far.
"Why did the pencil cross the road?"
"Hmmm, I don't know."
"To get to Pennsylvania, hello!"
I'm not sure this is a legitimately funny time but we are making progress.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is NO question that ALL of your children will be witty, fun and enjoy a riotous sense of humor...sprinkle that with a modicum of humility and you have PERFECTION...Hello!!