Wednesday, January 02, 2008


My brain feels a little like a deck of cards. 52 thoughts and some jokers all shuffled together that rarely get sorted or acknowledged. How often do we really play with a deck of cards? Every once in a while friends come over and we play some euchre with half the deck (the Murphy's remain unbeaten in '08). So often my mind is filled with things and ideas and memories I want to share or remember and within an instant the cards get shuffled and confused. Often the house of cards in my head collapses like the Brady Bunch boys made it and leads to complete chaos in between my ears.

I wonder how sort the deck. So much so that I don't even know how to think this through even further. So much so that it takes a 40 minutes to write a single post because I can't figure out what I mean and insecurity takes over. I don't how to relax. I know how to waste time but I don't know how or what I need to do to calm the brain and have a complete thought. How do thoughts get retrieved or better yet not lost in the first place? Maybe in '08 I should take a creative writing class or a journaling class or a how to spend my time class or a scrapbooking class or a class from Kevin Trudeau or a Latin dance class.

2 comments:

Kristen Robbins Warren said...

can we get coffee this weekend and take a writing class together? seriously. miss you terribly.

Liz said...

I feel like the guy in that painting a lot at work...hmm. :-)