Thursday, April 10, 2008


My sweet Grif has strep. I thought as soon as the warmth came, the sun would burn off all the germs. Alas we called and the doctor squeezed us in and we made the trek to the Boro, me and all 3 kids. All was fine until I realized Cooper had a toy in every pocket, one in his sock and one up his shirt in addition to the one I told him he could take. He then had to use the bathroom, I left Griffin in his room, crossed the hall with Cooper and Parker and it was occupied so waited. As soon as it was empty we went in, it was...not pleasant, I think the person in front of us was at the doctor for some kind of stomach issue.
-
Moving on, Cooper does his thing and the doctor knocks on the door, "Are you guys ok?" To which I'm puzzled and open the door and say yes and he says, "Oh because someone pushed the alarm button that calls the nurse for help." Nice. Parker pushed the I fell off the toilet button. With all that wide open hallway, Parker takes off through the nurses station across the building, Cooper comes out with his pants around his ankles wondering what the commotion is. All the while, Griffin is pitiful and patient while waiting for the strep test to come back positive. I think they were glad when we left.
-
Then Meijer got us and informed us it would be a 30 minute wait. I tried as hard as I could to entertain a 102' degree 7 year old, an irrational, hard headed 3 year old and an almost two year old who are all hungry and tired. We walked around, looked at the lobsters, tried to avoid the toys, played I Spy, and ate in the delectable Mejier cafe.
-
$58.03 and 40 minutes later, we were home.

1 comment:

Peggy Murphy said...

It's not nice to laugh at that bathroom scene, right? C'mon..are we allowed just a LITTLE chuckle, maybe?