Thursday, July 05, 2007

Axl

I am impatient. I do NOT like to wait. (Although compared to my grandpa-in-law, Sean and one of Sean's college roommates, I probably do better than I think.)

Waiting is so hard. For kids, little is harder than waiting for your birthday, for next Christmas, for summer vacation. For adults, the great job, meeting their spouse, or for some, summer vacation.

But I am realizing today that waiting for only a couple days stinks. Whether it is waiting for my oldest son to come home from Grandmas, for Sean to get home from work or whatever else grabs my mind and won't let go. So I must practice waiting today. When each phone call jolts me and seems to give life to the moment I will wait. When every few minutes seem impossibly slow, I guess I'll wait. When each hour that ticks feels like last week,

I am waiting...

No comments: