Thursday, July 31, 2008


Yesterday there was a tootsie roll in the dryer. With my clothes. On my stuff. Then my kids colored with tootsie roll flavored markers today. If you know me at all, you realize the nightmarish horrificness of this.

It is like those little brown demons are coming after me. To destroy me. Their plot to rid the world of AMM is subtle but it is there and very real.

I thoroughly dislike birds. They scare me, they flutter and are unpredictable. And as much as I have been told they aren't dirty or crazed, I choose to believe Hitchcock.

And who uses a bird as their cute little know-it-all that is really a condescending, arrogant, candy-stealer? The tootsie roll.

Watch out you small, brown, gag inducing nastys, I will get you. All of you. And that daggone owl.

7 comments:

ylmurph said...

did you happen to read Fuller's blog yesterday? you might think through a bird watchers club together...

Teresa said...

I can't stand tootsie rolls, they make me gag but birds....I don't have a problem with.

Liz said...

I love tootsie rolls. But tootsie roll pops are my FAVORITE. Have you tried those?? :)

Annie Michael Murphy said...

Liz, I don't even understand what you just said. It's like you hate me and asked me if I wanted to face certain death.

Liz said...

Death by tootsie pops...definitely does not sound so bad to me! ;)

Unknown said...

I know what you mean by the tootsie rolls being evil. I think that almond joys are the mark of the devil. Why two huge nuts in a candy bar? It's wrong, it's inappropriate, and a bit vulgar if you ask me.

alisaferrara said...

o wow annie... i have no comment on the tootsie roll part but I SERIOUSLY HATE BIRDS for all the same reasons! They freak me out.

I don't go near that exhibit at the zoo...no where close to it.

btw...missed annie time Friday night :(