Wednesday, June 06, 2007


I had a date last night. My date took me to a preview screening of Evan Almighty where I bought the popcorn, diet coke and candy, I drove, and he hid his head during the snakes and spiders and asked for quarters to play the video games after the movie. OK he is 6 but as far as dates with 6 year olds, this was tops.
-

Sean had passes to see Evan Almighty in Newport last night. He insisted that I get to go, which was so great. So Griffin and I headed down and had an awesome night. The movie is so so good. It was interesting and I wonder how it will be received when it opens but I just know we both loved it and seemed to be surrounded with other people who liked it as well.
-
Here is the funny aside...note this sort of tells a little about the ending but not really so beware. First the ARK that Evan is building becomes the Act of Random Kindness so that's is kind of the theme. Second anyone who had a phone or camera had to check it at the desk. We were standing in the gigantic line to pick up our things with everyone else and there was a man. He was probably 60 and I know had to be a plant. I noticed him when we were about half way through the line and he was standing so close to me I could feel him breathing on my neck. I turned and faced him in a raised eyebrow, "Um, seriously?" way. He looked at me and moved out to the side and got in front of me in line! So the girl beside me said, "Hmmm, that's interesting." I watched him do this until he made his way to the front of the line! At one point someone said, "Oh, we're all in line here" to which he replied, "I know but I'm in a hurry."
-
I figured this could only have been a plant from the Universal Studios. I think they wanted to see if anyone would kick him after seeing this feel good movie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SO? Did he leave with a size 8 clog mark on his pantaloons?

Random acts of kickness?