Tuesday, June 19, 2007


We are in the middle of lots of busyness at our house. It is fun stuff but busy nonetheless. And as I age, I realize I am way more in need of being in control than I ever realized...and I hate it. Our lives have shifted a little this week and become way less about me than normal and that I'd like to admit. I get sent when the smallest of things don't go the way that I had anticipated. I do very well with schedules and time frames and routines and when something goes awry, honestly, I hardly know how to handle it. As much as I hate this I know this is where I need to be taken lately. I know that my order is chaos according to the One who has scheduled it all.


But I get to do just about my favorite thing today. Along with 800 other people, I get to hear the best speaker in all of everywhere inspire, encourage and make people laugh. When SMM talks about what he will be talking about today, he becomes passionate. There is little that he cares about more than this and it is incredibly obvious. I love getting to see the passion and how he connects to the people he is talking with and passes along that passion. He is just amazing and I am just partial to him.


And as he ran out the door this morning I felt sick. Luckily he forgot a drink so he came back and I was relieved. Because in the craziness of the first 45 minutes of our day, I didn't even get to (should read didn't remember) to wish my husband Happy Birthday.


I love you Sean Michael Murphy

1 comment:

amymck said...

we were googling to find out if anyone else had blogged about SOS and found Sean's blog which led me here. I enjoyed playing w/ Cooper at church during SOS,I had volunteered to do childcare on Friday afternoon and my boys and he had a lot of fun playing together. We had a great week at SOS, hoping you did too! :-)