Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"Doing Life"

We have another weekend of visitors...and I honestly don't know if Sean, Griffin or I am the most excited. I have butterflies as Friday nears, Sean is longing for the adult-no-interruptions-after-the-kids-go-to-bed-conversations and Griffins head is about to explode. I can't think of a better way to break up what has become the monotony of summer.

Flashback 4 years...

Friday - We moved to Pennsylvania today. I guess this is my time to learn how to spell Pennsylvania. Not sure how I feel yet but it is beautiful.
Sunday - We made it to church and seemed to like this one. What was super fun is we met a guy, Stacy, who is also our neighbor. He and his wife, I think her name is Kim, have 3 kids and live across the street. I hope she and I can be friends.

Back to today...

My goodness how true those words became. From pre-school, new babies and 112 steps door to door to more babies, less fingers and 438.4 miles door to door, these are friends. Life friends. Good, real deal friends. Great, wonderful, pick your superlative friends.

There is something to be said for spending time together. I love quality time but I LOVE quantity time. Relationship just comes out of being with someone and experiencing the day to dayness together. Things are learned through time, favorite colors, favorite foods, family stories, unmadeup faces. Not much is able to be hidden when the doors are unlocked. Reality of life meets projected image. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

BRING ON THE SUBLETTS!!!!!

No comments: