Monday, June 02, 2008

My trip around the sun


I have had lots of good weekends in my half-way-to-70 life. This past one is dangerously close to the top of the list. Two of my BF's and I spent the night at my other two BF's house.
-
We did nothing but eat, laugh, admire the stars, tell stories and watch the occasional home movie. Oh and we hid from Debbie when she went to the bathroom, every time. The first time she used the facilities, as she left the room she said, "Oh and I have nightmares of going to the bathroom and coming back to everyone hiding from me." At that point we, at Holley's leading, felt like we had no choice but to hide with that admission.
-
We hid in the laundry room, the closet, the office, the garage and my favorite, under the deck. After the deck hiding, Debbie came back and we giggled as she sighed, "Oh crappin dogs you guys..." Peggy tried to give her a hint as to our whereabouts by tossing a rock over the railing and up onto the deck. Peggybelle was a great athlete but I don't think rock tossing was her sport. As she hurled the rock, it was mostly up and not so much over her head as it landed right exactly back on the top of her head. I just thought it was a pebble she threw but apparently it was more of a gigantic boulder that could have crushed her skull.
-
Those memories along with harmonious singing (choreography by Suzer), lobsters, jaunts down memory lane and the most beautiful ring from my grandmother-in-law and my aunt-in-law, go down as my favorite 35th birthday party ever.

3 comments:

jmjana said...

HAPPY BDAY ANNABELLE!
my fave thing is that i could hear peggy laughing as i was reading your post!

Anonymous said...

My sides are sore from laughing..and we won't even mention the visit to the Doctor to put stitches in my head.

Teresa said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!!!!! Luv ya!