Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Call me Matilda, said ES-PER-ON-ZA


I had a meeting last night. The distance from my house to the meeting is 6.2 miles. In that 6.2 miles, our almost 2 year old said my name 247 times. That is roughly once every 40 feet, for 6.2 miles. It wasn't always Mommy, there were Mamas, Moms, Maaaaaaas that sounded like Godzilla in a car seat and then when he got super frustrated, he even tried Annie. It wasn't like I was ignoring him for the 6.2 miles either, I would answer his questions or look as he pointed at a car or a raindrop or threw matchbox cars at me or just said hi from the backseat. I was at my limit. I worry about how quickly I will get to my limit today with another snow day and all. Another person home all day who can say Mommy will up those numbers. So if you want to talk to me today, try Morse code or smoke signals, just don't say Annie.

7 comments:

Amulya said...

Instead of Matilda how about Esperonza?? I just like saying that.

Amulya said...

Awwwwww yeah...beautiful :)

esssperrronza

Amulya said...

p.s. I OWN this post's comments

D'Vine Missions said...

I never thought to count the "mommies" coming out of Mac's motuh...is that like counting to 10, times 24? Maybe it would be soothing...I'll try anything.

Feelin' your pain girl! Next time you have a snow day, come over to my house. Maybe we can tag-team!

Brooke

Steve Fuller said...

Go watch this video...hilarious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3cSwOTalz4

Annie Michael Murphy said...

Oh my gosh, thats my life.

Liz said...

Hearing him say "night night" over and over again was pretty darn cute though.

And did I mention I LOVE the age Parker is right now? She is the perfect baby :) I can't believe she sat on my lap for an hour and didn't fuss once...adorable!