Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Trendy Tuesday

There is a cold trend (I know, its a stretch). As much disdain I have for the wintery mix that is covering everything outside, it really is beautiful to look at. The level 3 snow storm brought my husband home and it is only 2:30. All of my family is home and safe. My barely talking toddler is standing at the window jumping up and down and yelling what I can only imagine is, "SNOW! SNOW!" It makes me happy.

I was shoveling the driveway and it was covered again before I finished. It was co-old. I went inside and was warmed up by just looking at the faces of the people in there and then got to cuddle them under a blanket to warm my fingers. It made me start thinking...there are people all over this city and lots of others that would literally dream of a day like mine is only they could find an indoor place to sleep and get warm.

Regardless of your thoughts on homelessness, I would guess this has to hurt a little bit. People have needs both long and short term. I don't have an answer, barely a proposal. But I know that my head in the sand isn't working anymore. I don't know really how to end this or even a point but I have a real stomach ache thinking about this.

No comments: