Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Ever feel like life is passing you by? I remember when Griffin was a few months old I vowed to not wish away his babiness by saying, "I can't wait until he walks" or "It will be so much easier when he talks". I want to enjoy every step of the way with my kids and my husband and my life. I also remember a couple of years later after a raucous New Years Eve of trying to stay awake until Dick Clark proclaimed the new year that I would under no circumstances for that calendar year say, "Wow, I can't believe it is _____ already!" Time is going to pass whether I like its speed or not so those were wasted words for me. Eventually I quit thinking about the flying of time so much once I quit talking about it with every check out person at the WalMarts.

Time does go quickly and I don't think there is an antidote to that. I do think for me it has been the awareness of it. And I think there is something to be said for numbering our days and having heart changes because someone a whole lot smarter than me decided the amount of time I would get to spin on this planet (The third from the sun, see last Tuesday) so I figure I better enjoy it while I can.

All of this re-occurred to me after seeing Parker making her own peanut butter sandwich last night. Sigh. She is fast grower upper.


Seriously, what happened to the spell check? Because I don't even know if re-occurred is officially a word.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

and spell check didn't catch the serious error of "WalMarts". sigh.

jmjana said...

and what is happening on parker's face? is that peanut butter??? she still is freaking the cutest kid on the planet!!!

Anonymous said...

I am missing me some Murphy's! Lilly keeps saying her buddy Cooper will never remember her if she doesn't visit soon! We are driving to Warrensburg, MO to visit Erin over spring break!
Hugs to you all!
Kim

... said...

Since I just spent an hour spying on you, I thought I should at least say, "Hi, Annie!" (I followed the link in your email - consider yourself stalked!) =)

Teresa said...

What a little cutie!