Friday, January 12, 2007

Tonight? Fabio.


Its Friday! Whew Hoo! TGIF! Remember when Friday meant no school for the whole weekend, no homework tonight and basketball games? I had a teacher that let us chew gum only on Fridays. There was such freedom in Friday when the bell rang at 2:37. Friday has lost a little as age and responsibility sets in.

In all honesty, my Fridays don't look much different than any other day. I kind of have the same routine every day. But there is one thing that keeps me thrilled about Friday...
1 vs 100
I love that show. Love it. And it isn't just because Sags is back on TV. I love that there are some one hundred people for the contestant to defeat. Every contestant on that show comes out talking crazy and insulting people and telling them they are dumb and can't win the money. Then the questions get a little harder and the person in shrunken to tears on national TV debating whether to risk $112,000. And when I say a little harder they go from,"Spell RED" to "Who played Uncle Jesse?"

I am incredibly competitive. Which I think is why I love that show. I like to be smart and that show lets me feel like I am. I know I could knock out that last mofo for $1,000,000. And that is the beauty of that show, I can be the quintessential Monday morning quarterback, the consummate back seat driver, I can win and feel infinitely smarter than the yahoos aside Bob Saget, all from my couch.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would risk it all. The answers are: r-e-d and John Stamos. And as far as game shows, I will always be true to Jeopardy...it's the best (and I could beat anyone).

Bragg said...

(and I could beat anyone)

False

I will destroy you and anyone in Jeopardy!

Annie Michael Murphy said...

ok
the answer is: I believe I could beat anyone in Jeopardy, but that's just silly in a world full of Annie, Sean and Ken Jennings
...and um...I just got a law degree or am learning to fly...

Annie Michael Murphy said...

that was sean...only said because i kind of don't get it

Bragg said...

you might be surprised what this kid who is "just learning to fly" can do and knows about culture, history, literature, math, famous people, potpourri, anagrams, bu"zz" words, the price of tea in china, and how many licks it does take to get to the center of a tootsie pop.

oh, and grizzly adams did have a beard.

why don't i have a girlfriend again?

Steve Fuller said...

Bragg and I once played Jeopardy. I destroyed him. He'll lie about it, but it's true.

Bragg said...

okay, fuller doesn't understand the rules of jeopardy. he will blurt out an answer, but he doesn't answer in the required "phrase of a question"

so if you play with fuller, he'll throw an answer without playing by the rules. i don't need to lie about it because he cheats. so by default, i destroyed him because i got the answer both right and correct in spirit of the game. and he would never have been able to "destroy" me if he did follow the rules.

Anonymous said...

My thoughts on this post and the commenting melee that has ensued:

1) But seriously, its Bob Saget.

2) Bragg is learning to fly? Niiiice.

3) You all have obviously never witnessed my sheer destruction of a Jeopardy answer board.

4) No I don't know why I am blogging at 7am on a Saturday.

Bragg said...

Things I've learned:

1. I'll never know why Bob Saget is worthy of television. I have heard his stand-up is completely different than his television personality. Regardless, arguing with the Murphy's about this is like watching me and Mike Brown come to a consensus on anything. It just ain't going to happen.

2. I have learned to fly. I can do it. I am just in the stage of waiting for the end of the month to take the final test because that's when the examiner finally has an opening in his schedule.

3. I have not witnessed your "sheer destruction" of a Jeopardy board. Let me tell you that it stands not a chance against me. Unless you were playing the Celebrity Jeopardy or the high school jeopardy. Then yes, you would destroy me because I'll walk out of the room.

4. I don't know why anyone is blogging on a Saturday morning. There's cartoons to be watched.

Anonymous said...

my money's on am any day
especially if she moves to cinry :)

Bragg said...

cinry? I know who's not going to win...

:)

Steve Fuller said...

I heard Cinry is beautiful in the Spring.

Liz said...

Annie, where was trendy tuesday??!!

Anonymous said...

I'm now officially addicted to your site Anniegirl! You crack me up!
XXOOXXOO

jmjana said...

um...
time to update annabelle