Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Trendy Tuesday



I confess I love the Apprentice. But there is a little something that annoys me about it. Somehow there's a new catch phrase that is second only to, "You're fired!" The contestants on that show have taken to saying, "At the end of the day..."

That drives me nuts! I don't know how it started but it is what they say. It is the be all and end all to any one statement. Apparently when you say that, anything after that is heard as, "I am stupid because I am still talking and the other guy just said, 'At the end of the day.'"

There seems to be a catch phrase for most of these reality shows.

Survivor - "Flying under the radar"


American Idol - "You did your thing dawg"


So You Think You Can Dance - "I'm dancin' for my life"


The Bachelor - "I love you and know we are supposed to be together" (slurred while drunk and making out with the guy she met three days ago)


The Simple Life - "That's hot"


RockStar Supernova - not so much a quote but definitely bringing Air Drumming back to cool


Who Wants to be a Superhero? - "Shut up, stop, no don't do this, you're not the shot caller here"


I guess my point to all of this is I want a catch phrase for my life. When someone hears ____, I want them to say, "Oh that always reminds me of that Annie Murphy..."


Murphy, out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm???? How about "Really???" in the most sarcastic, inquisitive way! That's the Anniegirl I know and love! You're a nut by the way! Guess that's why I love you so.

Peggy Murphy said...

I am giggling over this one.
Have you watched the GREASE tryouts? I love their phrase.."You're the one that we want"
YEAH!

I'm thinking about all the celebrities that have had their face lifted and lips blown up...their phrase could be ~ "Please, could you "CRACK" a smile".

Amulya said...

So I guess Jerry Springer's catchphrase would be... well maybe that's not appropriate for a PG rated blog.

And please don't make yours "Murphy, Out". That reminds me of Ryan Seacrest and for some reason that guy just seems creepy.

Anonymous said...

you watch way too much reality TV