Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Status quo


Preface this with I know I am self involved.

I think I have aggression/anger problems. I get so worked up and frustrated about things that more often than not don't have anything to do with the price of beans. I don't know why I always feel like I need to be justified, to be right, to get the last word, but I do. I wish I could let things roll off my back but I can't. I wish I'd be more patient and offer love and grace more.

I am finding these things manifest themselves in different ways. I have spurts of road rage, high blood pressure, wanting to punch walls. I just don't know what to do with all of this. I want people to see things my way unless I am wrong in which case I need them to show me how I am wrong. But I get frustrated because I get so frustrated. I get so out of sorts because I want something so much better. I want to live for so much more. I want to be more and do more and make such a difference. And somehow I feel like if I get the emotional cash that I spend on anger and frustration together, I could spend it somewhere else that is so much more valuable.

I am frustrated and annoyed with myself. I wonder what direction God is pointing me toward. I wonder how He is using things and circumstances in my life to grow me up and what I should be learning. I just am not good with saying all of that and staying there. I need change, progress, growth. If I don't have that, I will end up in the same pits I have barely made it out of. I guess those are the million dollar questions and I guess now it is my job to lean in and get toward those answers.

5 comments:

Steve Fuller said...

If you guys ever invite me over for dinner, I'll let you punch me in the face.

Annie Michael Murphy said...

Steve,
Can you come over for dinner tonight?

Anonymous said...

You should invest in a punching bag. We have one at my gym at work...it is awesome.

Bragg said...

I tried the punching people in the face thing Annie. It only gets you a reputation and no one will hang out with you anymore.

SO I'm due some payback. You can punch me too.

See, the Steves are a selfless group of men who just want to make the ladies happy. and yet we get nothin'...

Bragg said...

oh and i loved the movie Falling Down. Kind of warped, but how many times does that thought of destroying things go through your head on a daily basis when it just isn't going your way at all...