Friday, November 28, 2008

I never really knew why Thanksgiving hopped around the November calendar the way it does. My Thanksgiving knowledge consisted of knowing it usually fell somewhere around the end of the month and I like the food. Well this year my 8 year old told me it is the fourth Thursday in November, the first one was in 1620, something to do with Myles Standish, half of the 102 people who made the trip died plus a ton more I have already forgotten.

We all survived our trip to the capital of Ohio, land of the Buckeyes and home of the majority of the Murphy's. The entire Cincinnati contingent was not present, had they been, the day would have been perfection. We had great food, lots of games and fun being together. On the way home, Sean and I dissected every minute of the day and realized it wasn't really that different than most of the other times we are with our family but it was one of the best times we had. It was just a great day, I would say it ranks in my top 5 favorite family days. I really don't know what it was, it was just great. So thanks Columbus Murphy's for making Thanksgiving '08 super great.

The littlest of Murph's...too pooped too party.

2 comments:

John Arns said...

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, too. It's now just about the only time of the year that our ENTIRE family is physically able to traverse distance to get together and have fun. This year we all cracked up playing 'telephone charades'. much more fun than the regular version.

Anonymous said...

Annie,

Thanks so much for this post. It meant a lot to me because I never know how people are feeling about things unless they tell me and frankly, after the last fiasco on Thanksgiving at my house, I was completely paranoid about hosting again. I knew that I thoroughly enjoyed the day, but wasn't sure if everyone else did.