Friday, October 20, 2006

Richie Rich

Well I'm frustrated. Yesterday the mail came which in our house is this exciting, "who is going to go get it?!?" I won, I'm pretty good at beating 5 year olds downt he driveway and Cooper is just slow. In the mailbox were two letters from our bank, one for Sean and one for me. In the envelope it felt like there was a credit card. I open it and there is a new debit. Before yesterday, we had the coolest debit cards that were OSU football ones. There were really cool and people would comment more than they woudn't about yay OSU. Today we have dumb ones. It looks like somebody slapped the picture of the top of some guys helmet and a logo on there and missed centering it but thought thats ok no one will notice. Well I noticed.

I am going to protest and stop using that debit card! I will not spend money using it! I will fight the Huntington Bank powers and not let them take my old debit card and give me crap instead and just sit there and take it. The fact that the debit card came in the mail but couldn't be used until it was activated is a whole other issue. Maybe the sticker on it that says activate by calling this number was only readable by me, like if someone stole that envelope or it got lost in the mail their eyes couldn't read the type because they aren't Annie.

Ok all this to say I wish it were that easy to stop spending money! And I wish the things that are good, healthy, life giving things weren't so expensive. For instance, say there is this conference in California that I know with out a doubt will change me. And say it happens to be $224 for a plane ticket and $70 for the ticket to the conference and $100 a night for a hotel? And say the food isn't included in the cost of the ticket so I guess I'd have to eat.

Grrrr. I'm annoyed. I want desperately to go to this conference. Or at least if there was this conference, say I'd like to go. It is hard to feel like I can't go because of the money. And then the pity party starts and all of the perfection of that long weekend away seems that much more perfect since I won't be there. Then it becomes hard to think, "I hate money." Which I do I actually like it and see the purpose for it.

OK so how can I make that San Francisco weekend in March happen this weekend in Cincinnati in October? How can I make it so the grass isn't always greener? How can I not live in what if' fantasy land?

And here is the part where I come up with my magical solution. I have no idea...

2 comments:

Liz said...

hey i just got the SAME hungting card...plus it has that dumb white bar down the side that says "CHECK CARD"...very sub-par...and let me know when you move to fantasy land, i will be moving in your basement :)

ylmurph said...

fantasy land costs $350 a night...plus you have to tip the cleaning lady