Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Zzzzzzzz


Oh I'm so sleepy. I wish there was a magic pill I could take...scratch that, there is speed. I wish there was a button I could push to make me feel like I had slept the perfect number of hours for me. Cooper, Parker and I ran some errands this morning and went to Bed, Bath & Beyond and I wanted to crawl into the little mini cardboard bed displays. Both kids fell asleep on the way home and I wanted to crank to radio and roll down the windows so they'd have to be awake since I had to be awake. I wouldn't be picky where I slept, just that I felt rested and awake and full of energy.

Sean and I went to Florida for a YL conference and stayed in this really nice hotel. These beds had featherbeds on them, down comforters, one jillion thread count sheets, and enough pillows that we could have gotten lost underneath them. Our schedule was pretty packed so at night I would fall into bed and go to sleep hoping that morning would come three days later. But there was too much to do, sunshine I wanted to see and the alarm clocks wouldn't let that happen.

I wonder how much I miss in my life because I am too tired, too preoccupied, too busy trying to recreate the Florida bed, too annoyed because I am tired, too busy complaining about being tired.

5 comments:

Peggy Murphy said...

Great graphic.

Are you TIRED of being TIRED?

I almost fell asleep reading your blog..whoops..that came out wrong.
I think I'll take a nap and try again later ~ IF I'm not too tired.

Liz said...

a 24 oz. coffee a day keeps the droopy eye syndrome away:)

Annie Michael Murphy said...

That and toothpicks in my eyelids

Liz said...

...or that :)

Liz said...

what's the word on tonight?