Wednesday, May 23, 2007

An apple, a broom, a cheetah, a doorknocker...


As the countdown continues, I am trying to get all the things together that we may possibly need for this trip. Swimsuits, tuxedos, crayons, pillows, blankets, pacifiers, snacks, hair bows, books, diapers, Nate the Pig, 590 other things I'll forget, and a portable dvd player (thanks PB, you are the greatest aunt! the trip just got so much easier).



But I know full well that the only thing the talking Murphy boys will want to do is play a car game. These "games" are fun for about 54 seconds for me. So I am enlisting your help.



What is the best car game you know?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best car game ever is called,
LET'S SEE WHO CAN BE QUIET FOR THE LONGEST TIME

Anonymous said...

My favorite car game still is 20 questions... it is always a blast:)

Anonymous said...

Name that (hummed)tune- tv show themes

"A is for apple, B is for banana, C is for..." Take turns. X is always really hard. Bring a small dictionary and teach some new words.

I used to make a Mr. Potato Head type game where I cut eyes, noses, mouths and hair (ears...)out of magazines. Then you draw a magic marker circle on flesh-colored paper which is on a clipboard to hold it and let the kids make crazy faces. The hair isn't necessary if you draw it onto the piece of paper (a boy side and a girl side is fun too).

Draw a squiggle on a piece of paper and have them use their imagination to make it into something.

Clipboards are my best friends on trips for tic-tac-toe, squares and homemade workbook pages.

Of course there is "how many big trucks can you count in 30 seconds" (or blue cars or Campers) for the younger set.

Liz said...

My parents favorite gave for us kids was to leave in the middle of the night. So if you figure a trip to the outer banks is 12 hours, and you leave at 1AM, your kiddies will sleep for quite a few of those hours. Well, that was their plan anyways...we all usually just fought the whole time and then got yelled at, pretty much continuously.

Guess that's not really a game.

Anonymous said...

I remembered another one:

Buy goody bags (small backpacks from goodwill in my case)and fill them with dollar store surprizes. For each hour they're good, they get to pick a prize out of their bag. They can be extra colors of crayons, stickers, little books, matchbox cars...etc.