Sunday, May 20, 2007

Hubble philosphy


As the old saying goes, "Out of the mouths of babes." Everyone knows there is such innocence and truth when kids speak. And as tough as the world is, kids seem to have an amazing understanding of it all. I often wonder if kids have this simplistic way to make sense of this complicated, intense and at times chilling world so that adults can be reminded of the things that matter, of the important things, of the way it should be. Things with kids are just so easy and simple, that's it. Such truth coming from such an unlikely source. When the world starts taking its punches and knocking us around, we become accustomed to the hurt and scars that we are left with. Thankfully most children have time before they are worn and torn by the world.
-
All that to say, I heard an explanation for something profound this weekend. The mystery of the night sky was solved by someone other than the One who created, placed and named all those stars.
-
"What do you think the tooth fairy does with all those teeth she gathers? I think I figured it out. I think the tooth fairy gives all the teeth she gets to God and he puts them in the sky as the stars. That's the only way those stars could be so bright."
-Griffin Murphy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gulp...please hand me a tissue.
I LOVE this kid!