Thursday, May 31, 2007

Soul Rx


I heard an interesting book title the other day. I have no idea what the book is about so this isn't a book endorsement but the title has stuck with me.
-
The Cure for Anything is Saltwater

I have thought and thought about those words, and I love them. I love what they bring to mind. When I think of saltwater, I automatically think of the ocean and what it does in me.

There are few places that make me feel like the ocean makes me feel. There is no place that smells like the ocean, that feels like the ocean, that sounds like the ocean and nothing that looks like the ocean. There is nothing that feels like saltwater on my lips, like sand in my hands or the grains crunching in my mouth for that matter.

And the sun. The way that the morning feels before the sun comes up is so different than the way the gentle sun feels in the early morning which is different than the way the individual rays can be felt at noon which is different than the melting colors of dusk that need a sweatshirt to finish the day.

I can't pick what part of that day is my favorite, I just know that all of them put together are powerful. When I sit on the beach and look past the water into the sky, it forces me to acknowledge that there is Something that made that, Something that is so much bigger than me, Something that is stronger, more beautiful, more intense than just something.Me

So I am in complete agreement, saltwater is the cure for what ails me. -
-
-
Something about the ocean
Makes me rise up and praise
Something about the heavens
Makes me stand in awe again
Something about the sunrise
Reminds me of Your faithfulness
Something about the ocean
And I'm lost in love again
-
"Much" by Ten Shekel Shirt

5 comments:

Liz said...

I completely agree. One week and I will be living on a strict Rx of saltwater :-)

ps. happy birthday tomorrow!

jmjana said...

um, let's go
skybus.com
sean, can you get the kiddies???

Unknown said...

happy birthday my dear friend!

love you and miss you and can't wait to see you again!

sheplaysamartin said...

happy birthday, annie!

Stacy said...

Wow, I almost missed your birthday. Hope it was splendid. Wish we could have been there to celebrate YOU!