Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I knew I should have been a doctor

Todays lesson always known but really learned today: Grocery shopping with three kids is tough.


My kids were pretty well behaved but an hour of not much fun and lots of food unable to be eaten is hard for me too. While we were walking out, Cooper and I were holding hands and he tripped. He screamed and people of course stared thinking I was that mom. As he kept crying and wanted me to hold him, I figured the problem and agreed that I might cry too had my elbow dislocated when I fell.


Since this is the fifth time this has happened, I feel like I have a little experience in this area. An ER doctor once showed me how to fix it and apparently that was a smart move. I hold his elbow and palm in a supine position then raise him arm until I feel his elbow pop in. Normally, I love that kind of stuff. If I had my druthers and did things in a more traditional manner, I would have been a doctor. I love all kinds of things medicine with no reaction to blood. But, it is a little different when it is my child that is crying "Mommy!" and that Mommy is me.


There are some seemingly obvious directions to head with that but I'd like to go this way...


When we got home and I opened the van door, there was something that was stinking. I picked up Parker and started to take her inside and felt a warmth and wetness on my arm. I then held her in front of me and watched the warmth and wetness dripping onto the floor (you're welcome). When Dr. Joe told me the new antibiotic she was trying may give her diarrhea, he was not joking. And Griffin as usual summed it all up by saying, "Whoa, now what do we do? Man mom, this has been some morning!"


After all was cleaned, mopped, bathed, scrubbed and put to bed, we now have Popsicle soup and smashed bread, did I mention I stepped on the loaf?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your post was at 9:42 this morning and you had already been to the grocery with 3 kids - I truly think you are supermom Annie and I hope my brother has a cook out this summer and I get to meet you and Sean.

Could you do me a favor and ask all of your friends to say a prayer for my friend Denise - they found her 20 year old son dead yesterday at her house. She has a lot of faith and I am just praying she makes it through this. Thanks!

Liz said...

wow. i now get your "whoa" response this morning. whoa about describes this.

Kalla said...

You make becoming a mom a lot less scarier... :)