Monday, April 02, 2007

Trendy Tuesday


The sun is feeling hotter, shining brighter and forcing sunglasses out of hibernation. I love this, love it. The arrival of sunglasses on many a face is indicative of summer. (One thing I don't get though is why it seems sunglasses make such a run in summer. Winter is sunny and bright too. [Don't mistake this for winter empathy.]) Sunglasses are good for so much, in honor of one Lizzy B, a short list...


1 - Keeping retinas healthy
2 - Hiding a rough nights sleep
3 - Cure for poor time management (ie no mascara)
4 - The best casual little hair accessory (that looks so easy to accomplish but we all know we practice in the rear view mirror to get it just right)
And my fave
5 - This finishing touch to my invisible no one can see me shield

I don't think that gals like Nic know that there is a limit to the hugeness of the lens. For those that are arachnophobic this is troublesome. At some point, I'd think she'd look in the mirror and think, "Jeez, I know I am all about the style but even I think I kind of look silly." I worry that as she gets skinnier and the glasses get bigger she may sprout 4 more limbs and complete her spideriffic transformation. The glasses are the widest things on her!

This is one AMDesigns is passing on. I don't think you will see me with sun spectacles bigger than my daughters head, even if they would lump me in with Nicole Richie. Again.

1 comment:

Liz said...

You know I love the lists :-)