Thursday, April 19, 2007

Kentucky Gymnastics


I have a sweatshirt that I got in college that I spent, I think, $50 on. At that time that seemed outrageous and actually still does a little. I still have that sweatshirt and love it way more than I did then. It has holes in the cuffs in the exact right spot to put my thumbs, the entire circumference of the collar is about worn through and there is a tear down the front. This is also the sweatshirt I go for first on laundry day despite its manginess. I just did the math and assuming I have worn it once a week (but seriously, who we kidding), that works out to $.06 per wear.


We get to hang out with some friends this weekend. These are friends that we've had almost twenty years. That feels almost impossible to say...


It is such a crazy friendshipal history in that I have known the wife and Sean has known the husband since before Sean and I knew each other and any of us were couples. These are friends that are so comfortable and easy to be around, just a good fit. These are friends that have seen our rips and tears, big picture friends and day to day friends. I could never have imagined these friends that seemed just normal turning into $50 friendships that fit as well and will outlast that nasty old shirt. I can't wait until Saturday...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the friends you will be hanging out with can embrace a word like "Friendshipal" and tolerate your rag that you call a sweatshirt, than you are more blessed than the Hollywood ex-wives raking in their quadzillions of alimony payments.

p.s. I DARE you to wear that "garment" in front of them!

Bragg said...

seriously, why am i following peggy? it's like i have nothing left to say because of her.

but seriously-did you just think of jana when i used seriously once more? :)

"friendshipal"?

Annie Michael Murphy said...

its a word

Bragg said...

can you provide a citation?

;)

Anonymous said...

Bragg....I'm a natural leader and you....
are one cool dude.

Annie Michael Murphy said...

Murphy, A. (2007). Because I Said So, New York: Random House. ISBN 1-8675309-227