Thursday, November 30, 2006

Beer bullies



I hear there is a big game tonight. I also hear there are a few different rules in place for tonight. There is a new one beer per person per transaction rule, beer sales will stop at the end of the third quarter and the stadium is opening a 1/2 hour earlier than normal. And the new policies are in place until further notice during all prime time games. I wonder who is imposing the new rules, the NFL, the stadium, the Bengals, the prime time TV people?

What are these new policies supposed to do? Is whoever implementing the new rules to control fan behavior while watching the games? Its not like NFL fans are watching a group of stand up guys playing backyard ball with Fuller. I would think that if there is an effort to try to control drug and alcohol consumption and behavior with regard to football, maybe they should start with the guys that play.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haven't they been doing this for years at baseball games? I can't remember being able to buy a beer after the 7th inning...but I could be wrong...darn beer bullies--maybe that's why I don't go to many mlb games ;)!

Anonymous said...

Wow...good last line..jab, jab.

I kinda think they already don't allow professional football players to hoist a Gatorade flavored with Absolute Vodka...or throw a couple of no-no leaves into the oxygen breathing masks for a quick "smoke". In fact, I don't even think they have a tiparillo (small cigar) on the sidelines.


Or...do you mean WAY before or after the game they can't have anything?

Should everyone be watched as to what they do before and after work, or just athletes? Why limit it to athletes? ALL government employees should have a 24 hour guard to ensure their sobriety. AND TEACHERS...and the Kroger check-out clerk....and all restaurant chefs..and servers...
maybe all bloggers...
Am I getting a little carried away?