Friday, November 10, 2006

Mommy syndrome

I am having a problem lately. Does knowing that I have the problem make me any less of a jerk?

My Problem: Pity Parties
My Solution: Inviting everyone I know to join in

I am the Queen of throwing pity parties. Today is one of those days. I am in a rut of feeling sorry for myself because of MY situation and MY feelings. Now please don't say get outside of yourself and list ten things you're thankful for. I really do know those things, I think it is a little bit of I want to be on everyone else's list of ten things they're thankful for. I want everyone to know what I go through everyday and how stressed out I am. I want to have people say, "Wow you did that and you endured that, you really should have and S on your chest!" about the things I am fighting so hard not to write right now...ok I wrote them and deleted them, at least they're out there now.

I realize I don't know everything that everyone else does everyday and that I don't consider what everyone else is stressed out about. And I know I don't thank other people or appreciate other people enough. But this isn't about other people, its about me...

3 comments:

Peggy Murphy said...

Cute cartoon!
I really appreciated THAT..
Oh, and you DO have an "S" on your chest.

I appreciate your blog.

I appreciate YOU.

I appreciate the word "Appreciate"...
now THAT's a PITY!

Liz said...

I am grateful for you...how about an arcostic poem to brighten your day?
Animated (seriously I laugh all the time when I am with you)

Not just a mother (way more--you have time for people even when there is chaos with your kiddies or they are sick :) )

Neighborly (ALWAYS welcoming and making people feel comfortable)

Insightful (love the deep, thought provoking convos)

Entertaining (again, belly aching laughs are usually present when I hang out with you)

Have a wonderful day Annie!! :)

Anonymous said...

Annie,

I have never met you but I LOVE the things you write on your blog and maybe someday my brother Steve will invite me over when you and Murph are there and I can meet you. I can tell you are a loving and caring person with a great sense of humor!! We all deserve a good pity party once in a while and I was there last week. So hang in there lady - go find yourself some good chocolate and indulge!