Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Do Not Enter

I have truly experienced the shocking. I think we have more than established that I am a gigantic wrestling fan. And this exerience in no way, shape or form alters the way I feel about the actual sport, the only sport in the Bible. Griffin had practice Tuesday night and since Sean had a meeting I took him.

I WILL NEVER do that again. It is no reflection on my son or my love for the sport. I love wrestling, I love talking about it, I love watching it, cheering for it, understanding it, getting so caught up in it. I don't love watching practice and I hate wrestling rooms. I don't ever want to set foot in a wrestling room again. It was so hot, it smelled like hot garbage, and the floor was sticky.

There were 75 kids jammed in that room with a dozen middle aged men, all sweating until it dripped off of them onto each other. The coaches were yelling and blowing whistles and clapping and adjusting. This was all at a practice for 5-11 year olds, I'm sure I'd be aghast to know what goes on in HS, College and (sickness) NFL locker rooms.

There is a reason there are separate Men's locker rooms and Women's locker rooms. Women should not be allowed in male locker rooms. I will forever wonder why there are female sports reporters. I had a glimpse into the male species that I need never see again. I will be the loudest cheering, most supportive mom, except for practice, from now on, practices are Sean's arena.







P.S. Happy 6th Mr. Griffin!!!!! I love you.


3 comments:

Bragg said...

Unfortunately Annie, kids clubs get the room following the high school practice. So you get the left overs of pubescent teenagers who have left their funk. The room is hot and guys sweat.

Sorry.

jmjana said...

SICK

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRIFFIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liz said...

awww Happy Birthday Griff! And that's nasty...maybe you should enroll Griffin in swimming? :)