Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Madness



I have thought through some things in my day, what I want to accomplish, places I want to go, books I want to read, food I want to eat, places I want to watch the sunset from. There is one thing I have not only thought through but pictured in my head, dreamed of, wished for, all but sent out the invitations and I am wondering if my brain is weird.

I have my ideal living situation planned in my head. It isn't the house or even the location, it is the people that I want to be my neighbors. I have decided who I want to live near and who I want to be close to me and my family. I know that I want her and her and them and him and them and her and them her and them him and them and them and them and her and him and them. Oh and the Franciscos because I miss them so much my heart hurts. I have planned who will be visitors and how long each of them will visit for, who will live there short term and who will be my neighbor for the rest of my days. There will be houses for people who I will encounter in a year or ten that need to be in my neighborhood.

It won't be a freakish sort of place, it will be a safe place for all the crazily different people that will live there. It will be a place for each one of us to do the work we need to do in order to be healthy, ask the questions we need to ask and do the searching we need to do. And it could be anywhere, it could be on the beach, in the mountains, in the country, almost anywhere. Even in NYC or Tokyo, although I'd never leave our neighborhood, I haaaaate big cities.

The bottom line is this, it is a fun, healthy, life-giving place. So many of the details don't matter, what matters is the community. The way that we love each other will be what matters. The way that we encourage each other, support each other, live with each other, that's what will matter. Can you even imagine? So is this weird?

I won't give up on living with my life loves but until that day, I will do my darndest to live that way now, to love the neighbors that were here when we moved in.

Oh and there will be a pool.
With a big twisty slide.
And water ping pong.
And a trampoline.

6 comments:

jmjana said...

so...
tell me when to move in!
i can almost hear sean's NOOOOOOOOO fading off into the distance ;)
i just love you guys

and fuller, i told you she was obsessed with the house thing :)

Peggy Murphy said...

OK..I've got the floating, yet VERY move-able ping pong table for the pool...
I can even contribute the trampoline, albeit small...
Is there room for a small dog named Bailey, if he stays out of Sean's way?

Liz said...

sounds perfect...where do I bring my uhaul? and really it was the pool with the twisty slide that convinced me;)
ps. i didn't rsvp but i will be there saturday for griffin's party :) i'm not going home after all.

Steve Fuller said...

Wow.

What an "interesting" glimpse into the hearts and minds of a woman.

This explains a lot.

Annie Michael Murphy said...

jana, what?

jmjana said...

i told fuller you really wanted people to live together
glad your electric is back on!!!!