Monday, November 06, 2006

Move or be moved


I have had lots of experiences in my life, I had a tough growing up. I say that not to invoke awwws but to say that I have had lots of things, some not so good and some horrific, that have shaped who I am.

I realize that at some point I became very safe in my thinking and decided that everything is black or white. Part of my thinking in that was to protect myself and to keep myself safe throughout healing and being grown up.

All of that to say that as I am healing and growing up, I am realizing that there are many, many gray areas. I continue to hold to lots of black and white thoughts on black and white issues but these are not things that will keep me from loving.

There is one black and white issue that I will not be moved on. That is this, there is ONE Savior, ONE God, ONE Way. For me that means this, my goal is to love people, to encourage people, tell people about the Jesus that has saved me from incredibly destructive patterns in my life. My goal is to know Jesus and to be known by Him.

All the other things will be debated and fought over with or without me chiming in. And in comparison to my black and white it just doesn't seem to be important enough to spend my emotional cash on.

1 comment:

Bragg said...

Will you be my new [female] hero?

Don't worry, I'm going to petition SMM to be my new [male] hero.... He just doesn't know it yet.